Choosing a counselor can seem like an overwhelming task. Individuals needing help too often end up resorting to simply going through the names on an insurance list or looking in a local directory. This is taking a huge chance with one of the most important decisions you will ever make in your life. So what should you look for when you are choosing a therapist? Here are some questions to consider:
1) Does this counselor work with the kind of issues you are dealing with?
2) Do they have expertise in this particular area?
3) How many years of experience do they have?
4) Are they committed to superior care?
5) Do they evaluate each person’s needs and then provide a specific plan of care?
6) Do they periodically sit down with each person and review their progress?
By obtaining this information, you will be better able to make an informed decision. By making a choice based on what you have learned, you will be much more likely to have a positive experience and outcome.
Please call us if you have questions or if we can help in any way: 817-354-1234